This week you’ll find a way to get free golf lessons, a terrific plant sale and some great tax day freebies. Enjoy!
Tax Day Freebies
I’ve just started collecting some of the tax day deals. As I get more I’ll add them here and post them again next Wednesday, but thought I’d post the ones I know about for sure so you can start marking your calendars or making plans.
- Free slice of Ice Cream Pizza -- Maggie Moos is offering what it likes to call an e-”cone”-omic relief day. The idea is to help you enjoy some relief this tax day, April 15th by giving away free slices of its ice cream pizza from 3 to 7pm. They have stores across the country including one in Round Rock. To find one near you go here.
- Free Cupcake Bites -- Cinnabon wants to sweeten up your tax day so they’re giving away free cupcake bites from 6pm to 8pm.
$10.40 deals -- McCormick and Schmick’s is having a Tax Relief Celebration on April 15th again this year. Come in and enjoy $10.40 food and drink specials at the bar. Anyone who eats at the bar also gets a complimentary gift certificate worth $10.40 for their next visit.
Free Sea World entrance for Military Families
Sea World has a program where they offer complimentary admission for active duty military members or active members of the reserves or National Guard and up to three direct dependents. It’s called their Here’s to the Heroes salute. The deal is good at Sea World, Busch Gardens, Water Country USA or Adventure Island park. You can get all the details here.
Free golf lesson
It’s a big weekend for the Master’s so here’s a fun freebie for anyone who wants to learn how to play golf. Last May, nearly 5,250 PGA and LPGA Professionals nationwide gave more than 80,075 FREE 10-MINUTE LESSONS.
And it’s happening again. Just plug in your zip code to find a participating pro near you. Then check out the American Express and The PGA’s new program. American Express® Cardmembers who book and pay for a private lesson from a PGA Professional can take a friend along at no extra cost. Click here to learn more about the American Express/PGA Friend of a Cardmember promotion.
Anyone who wants to add some life to their garden may be interested in checking out the Spring Plant Sale and Gardening Festival at the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center this weekend. Barbra tells me, “Besides nearly 300 different native plant species to consider for their gardens, we have more experts than ever to answer plant questions, including volunteers who have handled thousands of online questions as the center’s Mr. Smarty Plants. “
Saturday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m, Sunday, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Admission $8 adults, $7 seniors & students, $3 children 5 through 12, members and children under 12 free.
Members Only Preview Sale Friday from 1 to 7 p.m. Friday's preview sale is exclusively for members of the Wildflower Center. Become a member online or at the Preview Sale.
- If possible, bring your own wagon to haul your purchases
- Plants may be purchased and held for pick-up
- Enjoy guided walks of the gardens, Saturday and Sunday only, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on the hour
- Ask Mr. Smarty Plants, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. both days.
- Children can celebrate Spring and make Eco-pots in the Courtyard
- Plant Prices - click here
- Hear Kelly Bender, author of "Texas Wildscapes," at 11:30 a.m. Friday in the auditorium. Book signing until 2 p.m.
- Kathy Appelt signs "The Underneath" from 1 to 4 p.m. Saturday in the store.
- Shirley and Brian Loflin sign "Texas Cacti" from 12:30 to 3 p.m. Saturday in the store.
- Julia Webber, official Wildflower Days 2010 artist, signs her poster from 1 to 4 p.m. Saturday in the store.
- Susan Wittig Albert signs her new mystery, "Holly Blues" from 1 to 3 p.m. Saturday in the store.
- Also in the store, the authors of "Lone Star Wildflowers" sign their book from 1 to 4 p.m. Sunday.