This week you’ll find restaurants that offer free kid meals, several good Buy One Get One deals and free federal tax filing help. Remember if you know of a deal send me an e-mail.
Kids Eat Free
• Susan e-mailed me this deal. Through February 3rd kids eat free at Souper Salads. You will need to print this coupon and take it with you, and it is good for one free kid meal per adult. So if you have more than one child, bring a friend or a loved one and both your children can eat free.
• This reminds of another site I’ve mentioned here before that you may want to check out if you haven’t already. It’s called Kid Meal Deals.com. They now have an iPhone and a Blackberry version that allows you to check for places that offer free kid meals while you're on the road. Simply plug in your zip code or search by city.
Restaurants.com is offering 70 percent off through Tuesday, January 26th plus they’ll give you $50 off a vacation package of 3 or more nights on Orbitz with each order. All you have to do is use the code word FEAST when you’re checking out and hit apply. Remember to read the fine print to make sure you understand the restrictions on time of day, drinks or amount of money you need to spend.
Teach the Power of Giving
Peter Pan is doing a really cool online promotion right now to help teach your children about the power of giving. It’s basically an online book that you can personalize. You add their name and up pops the story of why giving is important. It also has ways to show adults how to give back.
Now to some great "Buy One Get One" or BOGO deals.
• Bill e-mailed about a deal at the Texas Stores. There are two stores here in Austin—one at Barton Creek Mall, the other at Lakeline Mall. Those stores are having a buy one shirt get the second shirt at half price through the end of February. It’s a great place to stock up on some of your Longhorn attire. Thanks Bill.
• Hannah D’s, a local costume jewelry store, is having a two for one sale on charms for bracelets. If you go here you can also click on the coupons and find more coupons. These offers are good through January 28th. There are three locations here in Austin.
• McDonald’s is offering a buy one McCafe get one free deal every Monday through Friday from 2 to 5pm through February. And every Friday through next month McDonald’s is offering free samples of the new Frappes. Thanks to Patrick for confirming all of this.
• Air Tran is offering some pretty good deals right now. You’ll find airfare for as little as $44 one way. I found some prices from San Antonio for as little as $64 one way. You’ve got to book by February 9th and the travel is good through several different dates in March.
• Southwest Airlines is having another sale. This one ends Thursday, January 28th. Airfare is as little as $59 one way from some places. The deals are good for travel from February 9th through May 20th but not good for travel on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
Free Downloadable eBooks
Free Tax Help
The IRS provides free federal income tax preparation and electronic filing for eligible taxpayers through a partnership between the Internal Revenue Service and the Free File Alliance LLC, a group of private sector tax software companies. Many of these companies also offer free or paid state tax preparation and e-filing services. To find out if you’re eligible and to find a center near you go here.