This week you'll find lots of family fun Memorial Day weekend freebies, some rewards for making good grades and free music. Enjoy!
KGSR is hosting The Wine Down a free concert that’s open to the public and will take place from 5 pm – 7 pm on the ACL LIVE Front Porch. In addition, each week the event will host giveaways for merchandise from businesses around the 2nd Street neighborhood.
There are also free concerts out at the Oasis every Sunday at Uncle Billy’s from 5 to 8pm. This Sunday it’s Carolyn Wonderland.
Save 15 percent off any Tiff's Treats cookies order. Just use on line Promotion Code: TT1515.
During the month of May, you can get a bag of Swedish meatballs for free when you show an IKEA Swedish Food Market co-worker that you follow @IKEA_Round_Rock on Twitter. That's a $6.99 value for free!
But that's not all IKEA is giving away this month:
- Kids eat free on Tuesdays! No purchase necessary. A $2.49 value.
- On Thursday, May 24, 2012, starting at 3:30 p.m., the store will be giving away free blue IKEA bags at Zilker Park, near Barton Springs Pool.
- Eat for free May 26 - 28, 2012 - Dine in at IKEA restaurant and deduct your restaurant receipt total from any home furnishings purchase over $100.
- Join IKEA Family for free and receive free coffee or tea and other perks.
AMF has also launched a free summer bowling program for kids age 15 and under called AMF Summer Unplugged. Register online and you will get a weekly voucher for your child to enjoy two free games of bowling per day, through September 3, 2012. Shoe rental is not included. The only AMF location in Austin is AMF Showplace Lanes, located at 9504 North I-H 35.
Rewards for good grades
The school year is wrapping up and soon the report card will be coming home! These are a few of the businesses that reward your little one’s hard work.
- Fazoli’s has a Friendly Reader Program. Participating restaurants will present you with a Fazoli's bookmark. Read five books and fill out the information on the bookmark, and you will receive a Free Kid's Meal!
- Baskin-Robbins has a program called Scooper Star. Participating locations will reward students with good grades with free ice cream. Check your local store for details.
- Pizza Hut Three A'S Program Each marking period, any child who has 3 A's or the equivalent thereof, will receive one Personal Pan Pizza and a small soft drink or carton of milk by presenting his or her report card to the manager. This offer is good for Elementary and Middle School students. Dine-in only. Student must be present and the original report card must be presented. Available at participating locations.
Here are a few others Heidi from Free Fun in Austin.com mentioned:
- Game Cards for Grades, HomeField Grill -- Bring in physical report card and get a $5 game card for a B or equivalent, and a $10 game car for an A or equivalent! Valid for students in K-12. HomeField Grill, 2000 S IH 35, Round Rock.
- Brilliant Sky Toys & Books -- Straight A report cards will get $5 in Brilliant Bucks! 701 Capital of Texas Hwy., Suite D 480, Austin.
- Gatti-Land Round Rock -- Bring your report card in to the arcade in Gatti-Land and receive a $5 game card for all A's or a $3 game card for all A's and B's. 1112 North Interstate 35, Round Rock.
- Chuck E. Cheese's -- Have your child bring in their most recent report card and they will receive FREE tokens for good grades. Valid only with a food purchase. Up to 15 tokens maximum per child. All grading systems accepted.
Starting next Monday, May 28th you can score these deals at Yollar.com (full disclosure -- this is the deal site put together by KVUE).
Austin Home CrossFit: $30 for 3 In-Home Personal Training Sessions!
FillASeatAustin: $25 for a 6-month membership for two to a seat filler service! This is a really cool service that helps fill seats when venues around town don't sell out.
On line savings
Austin based Offers.com has verified these deals for those of you hoping to do a little shopping over Memorial Day weekend. Thanks Shermayne for the tips!
$74 off Pink Diddy Beats In-Ear Headphones + Shipping Included
50% off Motorola Motonav GPS Navigator + Free Shipping
75% off Energizer Cell Phone Charger + Free Shipping
41% off Android 4.0 TouchScreen 7" Tablet + Free Shipping
$74 off Pink Diddy Beats In-Ear Headphones + Shipping Included
80% off Meridian Point Weather Station KeyChain + $2.99 for Shipping
64% off Panasonic Close Curves Shaver + Free Shipping
53% off Cuisinart SmartPower Stainless Blender & Food Processor + Free Shipping
Memorial Day weekend freebies and deals
Austin Java on Barton Springs is offering two for one burgers on Memorial Day 4pm to close. From 3pm to close kids eat free.
Events & Deals
There are a ton of great events and deals going on this weekend to honor our military personnel. Heidi of Free Fun in Austin.com let me know about these ideas below:
- Close Assault Reenactment, Camp Mabry, May 26 & 27, 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. -- Watch a recreation of an attack on a German strongpoint, discover the realities of being on the frontlines in WWII, and more. Enter via 35th St, photo ID required. 2200 W 35th St., Austin.
- Memorial Day Celebration at Fritz Park in Hutto, Friday, May 25, 6 p.m. - 11 p.m. and Saturday, May 27, 9 a.m. - noon -- Enjoy your Memorial Day weekend at Fritz Park with a variety of games and activities for kids and adults. On Friday night, Games 2U will be in the park, followed by Movie in the Park: Footloose, from 9 - 11 p.m. Return on Saturday morning at 9 a.m. for more fun, including Kid's Sand Dodgeball, an Adult 2-on-2 Basketball Tournament, kid's sack races, freeze tag, kickball and a water balloon toss. Bring your blankets, chairs and a picnic meal to enjoy all of these activities. 400 Park St, Hutto.
- Memorial Day Ceremony, Sun City Community Association, Monday, May 28, 9:30 - 10:30 a.m. -- Governor Rick Perry will be the featured guest speaker at this ceremony in the veterans' honor. A reception on the Social Center patio will follow.
- Every Veteran Has a Story to Tell, Capitol Visitors Center, Monday - Saturday. 9 a.m. - 5 p.m., Sunday, 12 - 5 p.m. -- This exhibit highlights oral history interviews conducted with Texas veterans from World War II to the present by the Voices of Veterans program. 112 E 11th St., Austin.
- Free $10 Tanger Gift Card and Coupon Book at Tanger Outlet Mall, now through May 28 -- Military personnel can get a free $10 Tanger Outlet gift card and coupon book at TangerOutlet Malls. Visit the Shopper Services desk during regular business hours and show your military ID.
- 20% off at Taco Cabana -- all Taco Cabana locations offer a 20% discount to anyone showing a valid military ID or wearing a military uniform, year-round.
- Here's To The Heroes -- Throughout 2012, military personnel can enter one Anheuser-Busch park per year for free, and bring up to 3 dependents for free as well. This includes Seaworld San Antonio.
- Military Mondays, Austin's Park -- Every Monday, military personnel can present their military ID and pay only $11.95 admission (regularly $19.95). The website says that this deal is not available during blackout dates, which includes Memorial Day, but I called to confirm that they will be offering half price admission on Monday, May 28. 16231 IH-35 North.
- Blue Star Museum Program -- All active duty, National Guard, and Reserve military personnel and their families can get free admission to museums from Memorial Day through Labor Day. To find out which museums are participating in your area, go here.
- National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass -- Active duty military personnel and dependents can get a free annual pass to sites that charge entrance or standard amenity fees for one full year from the month obtained.