LAKEWAY , Texas -- A big event next month will combine forces of local law enforcement agencies while teaching residents the importance of public safety.
On Sept, 7, the Lakeway Police Department will host the fourth annual Public Safety Day.
SWAT trucks, fire trucks, ambulances, police cars, helicopters, motorcycles and more will come together to show how public agencies work side-by-side to keep people safe.
“The public safety agencies represented not only routinely work together, but they also absolutely depend on each other to keep our community safe,” Police Chief Todd Radford said. “This spirit of cooperation and teamwork is put on display every year at Public Safety Day.”
The following agencies will be at the event:
- Lakeway Police Department
- Bee Cave Police Department
- Austin Police Department bomb squad and mounted patrol
- Travis County Sheriff’s Office SWAT and motorcycle unit
- STAR Flight helicopter
- Travis County Constable Precinct 2
- Austin-Travis County EMS
- Lake Travis Fire Rescue trucks, smoke house, and boat
- Texas Department of Public Safety
- Texas Alcohol and Beverage Commission
- Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) armored car
- Lower Colorado River Authority
- Motorcycle Special Events Team, a rolling first aid unit of paramedics and EMTs who join major motorcycle rides
- Texas Forest Service
- American Red Cross
Public Safety Day will also offer free vision screenings for children, a kid's fun zone, a craft workshop, and vendors offering food and drinks. Live music will also be performed by local bands.
Public Safety Day is Sept. 7 at the Lake Travis Educational Development Center at 607 RR 620 N. from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.