AUSTIN, Texas—The Texas Football season drew to a close on Friday evening at Darrell K. Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium, as Texas (5-7, 3-6) fell to the TCU Horned Frogs (6-5, 3-4), 31-9.

The Longhorns failed to find the end zone in the loss, despite racking up 407 yards of total offense.

Junior running back and Heisman candidate D'Onta Foreman stormed for 165 yards in his 13th straight 100-yard rushing game, the longest streak in school history and the longest active streak in the FBS. His 2,028 total yards on the season are second only to Ricky Williams on the list of highest single-season rushing performances in Texas history.

Sophomore punter and Ray Guy Award finalist Michael Dickson made his final case to voters with another stellar performance, averaging 48.1 yards over eight kicks and booming a 74-yard punt in the fourth quarter. Three of his kicks traveled over 50 yards.

Sophomore cornerback Kris Boyd registered a team-high seven solo tackles against the Horned Frogs.

Texas elected to receive the ball to start the game but failed to make headway against the TCU defense. Instead, the Longhorns were forced to punt the ball to the TCU 25-yard line after nearly three minutes of play.

The Horned Frogs traversed the length of the field in their first possession, eventually earning a touchdown off a two-yard run from quarterback Kenny Hill. The score put TCU up 7-0 with 9:48 remaining in the opening quarter.

After converting a first down to move to the Texas 37-yard line, freshman quarterback Shane Buecheleconnected with freshman wide receiver Devin Duvernay for a deep, 52-yard completion to the TCU 11-yard line. The pass set up a field goal from graduate kicker Trent Domingue, making the score 7-3, TCU.

The Horned Frogs looked poised to strike again after returning the kickoff 57 yards, but the Longhorn defense was stifling at the line of scrimmage, allowing no yards on the ground and forcing two incompletions. The Horned Frogs had no option but to punt, granting the Longhorns the ball on Texas' nine-yard line.

The Longhorn defensive stand marked the beginning of an extended scoring drought for both teams. The Longhorns stymied the Horned Frogs on six straight drives, and neither team would score until just over two minutes remained in the second quarter.

With 7:16 left to play in the first half, Texas reclaimed the ball at its own 43-yard line after stopping the Frogs on third down. Buechele guided the Longhorns to the TCU four-yard line with first down passes to freshman wide receivers Collin Johnson and Duvernay. The Longhorns' drive stalled at the goal line, however, and a failed fourth-and-goal attempt gifted the ball back to the Horned Frogs.

The Longhorns gained a shot at redemption when Hill launched a pass into the waiting arms of Texas safety DeShon Elliott, who returned the interception 24 yards to the TCU nine-yard line. The Longhorns advanced as far as the one-yard line before setting up for another field goal, this one a 24-yard make that trimmed TCU's lead to one with 2:20 left in the half. The 6-7 score would stand as the teams headed into the break.

The Horned Frogs came out swinging to open the second half, compiling a 79-yard drive to the Texas 12-yard line. The Longhorns stood firm, forcing three incomplete passes and limiting TCU to a field goal on the possession.

On the ensuing Texas drive, Foreman broke loose for a 44-yard run to the TCU 12-yard line. The Longhorns were unable to reach the end zone however, and junior kicker Mitchell Becker entered the game to kick a 31-yard field goal, his first of the season. The score pulled the Longhorns to within one, 10-9, with 11:44 left in the third quarter.

TCU extended its lead with a 41-yard touchdown run from Hill a minute later. The touchdown put the Horned Frogs ahead, 17-9, with 7:49 remaining in the third stanza. Neither team was able to put up points in the remainder of the quarter.

TCU gained additional separation with two fourth quarter touchdowns. The second, which came off a 70-yard rush from freshman running back Darius Anderson, gave the Horned Frogs a 31-9 lead that would remain unchallenged in the final minutes of play.