LAWRENCE, Kan. - A Kansas field goal in overtime prolonged Texas's quest for bowl eligibility on Saturday evening, as Texas (5-6, 3-5) fell to Kansas (2-9, 1-7) in Lawrence, Kan., 24-21.

The defeat marks the first time that Texas has lost to Kansas since 1938.

Junior running back D'Onta Foreman continued to topple records in another historic performance, powering for 250 yards in his 12th straight 100-yard game. The streak ranks first in school history, surpassing Earl Campbell's previous mark of 11. Foreman also moved to third on Texas' single-season rushing list with a total of 1,863 yards on the year, putting him ahead of Jamaal Charles, Earl Campbell and Cedric Benson.

Foreman shouldered the brunt of Texas' offense for another week, recording two touchdowns on a school record 51 carries.

Senior wide receiver Jacorey Warrick led the receiving corps with 82 yards and a touchdown on the night.

On the defensive side of the ball, sophomore fox end Breckyn Hager notched a team-high seven tackles.

Texas wasted no time in inflicting damage against the Jayhawks. On the first play of the game, freshman quarterback Shane Buechele dished the ball to Warrick, who shook a tackle and then sprinted down the sideline for a touchdown. The early score put the Longhorns up 7-0 after just 11 seconds of play.

Despite the hot start for Texas, neither team was able to put up any points in the remainder of the quarter.

Ten minutes elapsed in the second quarter before the scoreboard changed. Kansas cornerback Brandon Stewart intercepted a Texas pass and returned it for a touchdown, tying the game at 7-7. The Jayhawks followed up by forcing another Texas turnover on the ensuing drive, recovering a fumble on the Texas 43-yard line. A 33-yard pass from Kansas quarterback Stanley Carter positioned the Jayhawks at the 10-yard line, but an Edwin Freeman sack for a 10-yard loss on third down forced Kansas to settle for three points. The field goal left the Longhorns trailing by three as the teams headed to the locker rooms.

Freeman made his presence known yet again to open the second half, intercepting a pass at the Kansas 42-yard line and returning it for four yards. The Longhorns earned a quick first down off a 10-yard pass to freshman wide receiver Devin Duvernay, then relied on Foreman to carry them the rest of the way to the end zone. Foreman picked apart the Kansas defense over the course of seven plays, eventually barreling into the end zone from the two-yard line for the touchdown and a 14-10 lead.

As the clock ticked down on the third quarter, Jeffery McCulloch punched the ball out of the arms of Kansas wide receiver LaQuivonte Gonzalez to force a fumble. Sophomore safety DeShon Elliott recovered the loose ball, giving the Longhorns excellent field position on the Kansas 46-yard line to begin the drive.

After advancing to the Kansas 33-yard line, Foreman churned for the remaining yardage to the one-yard line. From there, he walked into the end zone almost untouched, extending the Longhorn lead to 21-10 just two minutes into the final quarter.

Kansas countered with a touchdown and a two-point conversion, trimming the Texas lead to three with 7:48 left to play.

After halting a Kansas fourth-down attempt with 2:36 left in the game, Texas took over possession with the chance to put the game out of reach. But the Longhorns failed to convert a first down, handing the ball over to the Jayhawks with less than a minute left. Kansas marched down the field and nailed a 36-yard field goal with seven seconds remaining, sending the game into overtime.

Kansas linebacker Mike Lee intercepted a Texas pass on the first play of overtime, giving the Jayhawks a chance to seal the victory with a score. With renewed life, the Jayhawks advanced as far as the Texas 3-yard line before setting up for a field goal. KU would win the game with a 25-yard field goal.