MANHATTAN, Kansas - An early deficit on the road proved to be too much for the Longhorns, as Texas (3-4, 1-3) fell to Kansas State (4-3, 2-2), 24-21 on Saturday afternoon.

Running back D'Onta Foreman recorded over 100 rushing yards in his eighth straight game, the longest active streak in the FBS.

Kansas State inflicted damage early in the contest. The Wildcats ate up nearly six minutes off the clock as they methodically powered downfield in their first drive, eventually scoring a touchdown off a six-yard rush from quarterback Jesse Ertz.

The Longhorn offense had no answers for an unrelenting Kansas State defense in their first two drives. Meanwhile, the Wildcats scored another touchdown off a 19-yard rush from Ertz, extending the Longhorn deficit to 14.

Both offenses remained quiet until the end of the second quarter, when Texas gained control of the ball at its own 10-yard line with 4:23 left in the half. The Longhorns collected a first down off a 10-yard pass from quarterback Shane Buechele to wide receiver Jacorey Warrick. On the next play, Buechele fired to wide receiver Devin Duvernay, who took it to the house for an 80-yard touchdown pass.

The Wildcats wasted no time in responding. The Kansas State drive spanned the final minutes in the half and ended on an eight-yard touchdown pass, making the score 21-7. The scoreboard remained unchanged as the teams headed to the locker rooms for the break.

The opening of the second half looked like much of the same for the Longhorns, as the Wildcat defense stumped them on their first possession. On the ensuing drive, Kansas State was poised to tack on another six points, but linebacker Anthony Wheeler forced a fumble in the end zone that was recovered by safety Dylan Haines.

Texas was unable to capitalize on the turnover, however, leaving the score at 21-7.

The Longhorn defense limited the Wildcats to a 35-yard field goal on the next possession, making the score 24-7.

For their final possession of the third quarter, the Longhorns turned to their ground attack for points. Foreman broke off two consecutive 15-yard runs, putting the Longhorns within 15 yards of the end zone. From there, quarterback Tyrone Swoopes took the reins of the offense and muscled his way into the end zone for a touchdown, making the score 24-14.

The Longhorns saw glimmers of hope at the start of the fourth quarter, with Edwin Freeman hauling in an interception and a recovered fumble on two consecutive K-State drives. Both times, however, the Longhorns were unable to score any points.

With 2:24 left in the game, Texas regained the ball and drove downfield into the red zone. Buechele found wide receiver Dorian Leonard in the end zone from six yards out, putting the Longhorns within three at 24-21.

But with only 46 seconds left in the game, time proved to be the final enemy for Texas. The Wildcats recovered a UT onside kick and ran out the clock to seal the victory.

Texas returns home next week to face Baylor at 2:30 p.m.