The Red Cross is assisting a father, his two children and their dog after a North Austin home fire late Sunday.
Firefighters tell KVUE they were called to a home along the 8500 block of Brookfield Drive shortly before 11 p.m. Sunday. The Austin Fire Department said the fire started at a generator and spread to the home, adding that “flammable liquids stored next to the generator” accelerated the fire.
No injuries were reported and there were no working smoke alarms in the house, AFD said. Damage to the home is estimated at $100,000 and $30,000 to the contents.