Three people are in jail and police are searching for another after they were caught stealing from a New Braunfels department store, according to the New Braunfels Police Department. 

NBPD said that at approximately 6 p.m. on Monday, May 1, officers were called to a theft in progress at a department store on the 200 block of Creekside Way. Loss prevention staff told officers that two women and two men were working together to steal perfume and cologne by concealing the products in the women's purses.

While the police were on their way, the suspects attempted to leave the store and were chased by the loss prevention staff. One of the women dropped her purse and ran with one of the men in one direction while the other two suspect ran in another direction. A store employee was able to catch one of the male suspects, which led to a struggle. The male suspect assaulted the employee.

One of the females was able to get to a vehicle and drove to the male who was suspect struggling with the employee and attempted to help him escape. A police officer arrived at this time and the female drove away but the officer pursued her until she came to a stop in the far corner of the parking lot and was arrested. 

Other officers arrived and were able to arrest the male and the female.

Stephen Alexander Soto, 19, of San Antonio, was charged with robbery, a second-degree felony. His bond was set at $15,000. Lacie Nicole Hollinshead, 20, of Schertz, was charged with robbery and evading arrest or detention with a vehicle, a third-degree felony. Her bond was set at $20,000.

A short time later, an officer saw the other two suspect entering the Creekside Cinema movie theater. The officer was able to arrest the female but the male suspect fled on foot. Officers searched the theater and surrounding area but were not able to locate him.

Kelley Anne Flood, 19, of Cibolo, was charged with robbery and failure to ID, a class B misdemeanor. Her bond was set at $17,000.

The merchandise found in the two purses was valued over $1,600.

The case remains under investigation by the NBPD Criminal Investigation Division. More arrests and charges may follow.