Six people were arrested Sunday night during presidential election protests in Downtown Austin.
More than 200 people participated in the march, but Department of Public Safety troopers arrested Jarred Roark, 34, around 9:10 p.m. Sunday after he allegedly assaulted an individual near South Congress and 11th Street. That location is adjacent to the State Capitol.
Five others were also arrested in connection to the arrest of Roark. All six were taken to the Travis County Jail.
DPS on Monday identified the six arrested as:
- Jarred Roark, 34, charged with felony aggravated assault, resisting arrest and evading arrest;
- Jade Tabitha Shackelford, 19, charged with felony assault on a public servant;
- Taylor Tomas Chase, 21, charged with interference with public duty and resisting arrest;
- Samuel Benjamin Lauber, 21, charged with interference with public duty and resisting arrest;
- Jason Peterson, 24, charged with interference with public duty and resisting arrest;
- Joseph Wayne George, 36, charged with interference with public duty.
All six are in the Travis County Jail as of 11:30 a.m. Monday.