A 20-year-old man has been charged with sexually assaulting a 14-year-old girl after she reported he sexually assaulted her in their Austin hotel room, police said.

Court documents state that Austin police arrived at the Residence Inn located at 6000 W. U.S. Highway 290 on April 15 after receiving a disturbance call about a father and son fighting in the lobby. The caller stated the pair had left the scene but the other parties involved were still in their hotel room.

Officers said that once contacting those parties, they were advised that the argument started because the mother of a 14-year-old girl had walked in on her and the suspect, Robert Woodard III, possibly having sex.

Documents state the girl was forensically interviewed on April 19 at the Children’s Assessment Center in Houston, where she said that she and her family, which included Woodard, or “Little Rob,” had come to Austin for a wedding and that they were staying in the same hotel room. She said that “Little Rob” had put his “middle part” inside her “middle part” more than once and that her mother had walked in on them. According to the documents, the victim also said that “Little Rob” had first touched her sexually about two months ago at their home in Houston.

On May 23, police said they interviewed the victim’s mother, who repeated the girl’s claims that they were in town for a wedding and walked in on “Little Rob” and her daughter, after which she said the victim would not tell her what had happened. The mother said she then went to speak with her fiancé, who is the suspect’s father, to discuss what she had witnessed.

Police said they spoke with the suspect’s mother on July 27 to see if she was aware of the allegations made against her son. The mother stated that she heard something had taken place but said her son would not do such things. After asking if they could speak to Woodard, police said she reported that he was out of the state for military training and that she would give him the detective’s contact information.

As of Sept. 6, the detective said they were not contacted by Woodard or his mother.