Most residents and guests have been allowed back in the W Austin Hotel Wednesday after a fire broke out in the eighth floor of the building.

The Austin Fire Department said the fire began after an electrical short in a drying fan of the building located at 200 Lavaca Street.

Before the fire was put out at around 3:08 p.m., crews upgraded the flames to a second-alarm fire.

The fire, which resulted in no injuries, caused about $50,000 worth of damage, AFD said.

W Austin released the following statement to KVUE regarding the fire:

Our property was briefly evacuated today after smoke from a restoration fan set off an alarm in an 8th floor unoccupied room currently under renovation. Due to the quick response of our security team and the Austin Fire Department we safely evacuated all hotel guests and talent. The hotel has been cleared by AFD without incident and minimal damage.