Austin ISD announced Monday it is putting 10 of its properties – including the district’s downtown headquarters – on the market for sale, lease or “other civic-minded proposals.”
The district said the Request for Proposals and bids on the properties were released Monday. A pre-bid conference for all interested parties will be held at 9 a.m. Oct. 18 at the Allan Center cafeteria. Property tours are scheduled beginning Oct. 20 with the deadline to submit offers set for 2 p.m. Dec. 14, AISD said.
Austin ISD said the purpose is to “receive a variety of qualified offers that bring value to the district and/or the school community.” It has hired Austin-based Southwest Strategies Group to handle the brokerage and marketing services for the properties.
The following properties are on the market, AISD said:
- Carruth Administration Center at 1111 W. 6th St.;
- Allan Center at 4900 Gonzalez St.;
- Baker Center at 3908 Avenue B;
- Millett Opera House (aka Austin Club) at 110 E. 9th St.;
- 9.318 acres of land south of Alpine Road, adjacent to AISD Central Warehouse;
- 1.234 acres of land at Doris and Hathaway Drive;
- 31.987 acres of land at the southwest corner of US Hwy 183 and Loyola;
- 12 acres of land on East 51st Street, adjacent to AISD Service Center;
- 7.96 acres of land at the southeast corner of Tannehill Lane and Jackie Robinson Street;
- 12.496 acres of land at 4806 Trail West Drive.
GO HERE for additional information on the Request for Proposals.