FAYETTE COUNTY, Texas – A man is facing felony charges after he allegedly attacked an Austin taxi cab driver, stole the vehicle and led police on a pursuit that ended near La Grange.

An arrest affidavit for Nicolas Quinones, 21, filed by Austin police states officers responded to a robbery call at Austin-Bergstrom International Airport around 11 a.m. Oct. 3. The victim told police he picked Quinones up at St. David’s Medical Center, was taking him to ABIA and that he rode in the front passenger seat. As Quinones and the victim arrived at the airport, police say Quinones grabbed the fire extinguisher on the floor board and began striking the driver. The victim said he stopped his cab in the middle of the road and struggled with Quinones for the fire extinguisher before fleeing the cab. According to the affidavit, the victim was nearly struck by an airport shuttle when he exited his cab, and that Quinones drove away in the cab. Police noted in the affidavit that surveillance video from ABIA shoes the victim exiting his cab and trying to flag down motorists while the cab drives away.

The affidavit and Fayette County authorities both said the cab was spotted traveling eastbound on SH 71. A Bastrop County Sheriff’s deputy alleged in the affidavit that Quinones reached speeds of above 130 mph while trying to flee from deputies. The Fayette County Sheriff’s Office said it coordinated with La Grange police and Texas Highway Patrol to set up spike strips along SH 71.

The affidavit states that DPS troopers succeed in disabling the cab after four attempts, and that all four tires were disabled. Fayette County authorities said Quinones lost control and crashed just east of La Grange, where he was taken into custody. APD noted in the affidavit that Quinones’ identity was confirmed through his U.S. passport.

Cab that was reported carjacked on Oct. 3, 2017 in Austin, Texas.

Online records at the Bastrop County Jail state Quinones has been charged with evading arrest/detention with vehicle, harassment of public servant and robbery by assault. His bond has been set at a combined $300,000.