If you bought your child's crib at Babies 'R Us or Toys 'R Us you'll want to check to make sure it's not part of this recall. Today Jardine and the Consumer Product Safety Commission announced it was adding 96,000 cribs to the 320,000 it recalled in June, and another 59,000 it recalled in January.
The problem with all of these cribs is that the wooden slats may break and babies and infants are becoming trapped. This latest time 31 children became entrapped. In ten cases the children broke the wooden slats while they were inside the crib. You'll see pictures of some of the cribs on this page and can find all the pictures here.
You should stop using the cribs immediately and call Jardine at (800) 646-4106 to receive a full credit toward the purchase of a new crib.
Seven models are involved this time so look for the following date codes and model numbers: (You'll find the label located on the inside of the bottom rail of the headboard or footboard.)
• 0102B00 Drop-side Natural Olympia Single 9/2005-1/2007
• 0102E00 Drop-side Dark Pine Olympia Single 9/2005-1/2008
• 0302P00 Black Olympia Lifetime 11/2005-5/2008
• 0302C00 White Olympia Lifetime 6/2006-12/2006
• 0312D00 Americana Pecan 4-in-1 5/2006-11/2007
• 0308L00 Antique Walnut Capri 4-in-1 12/2005-11/2007
• 0108C00 Drop-side White Capri Single 8/2006-11/2007